Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nanowrimo Pouring Down



I've neglected this blog. There isn't time or reason to make excuses. As an amends I offer this token--Nanowrimo. Though it is a bend in the rules, memoir writing is not noveling, I am using Nano to hoist Penny Jar into the atmosphere.

Midnight November 1st is soon, too soon and I am beset with pains and worry and guilt about everything that won't get done in that time. But,you know what? It never does anyway. I also have a favor to ask of you. For those of us who have experienced the Nano marathon in the past and have, ahem, not completed the required 50,000 words-it can be quite a trying experience. Words of encouragement are encouraged. Nods of affirmation are affirmed.

If you excuse the shitty first draft that is Nanowrimo in it's purest form I will include snips and snaps on this blog from time to time-just so you know.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck -- having successfully gotten through NaPoWriMo in April, I offer you my deepest sympathies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed that you are doing it -- Gretchen Rubin (now doing the "Countdown to Publication" blog on She Writes) swears by NanoNoMo and I have always been so intrigued. Would love to read anything you post here!

    Kamy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria, I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress. Life has not cooperated with my NaNo novel, but I won't quit...I just don't see finishing by Nov. 30th. Still, I think NaNoWriMo is always a good experience! Hope yours has been worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now it has been almost the whole month and whether you have written 5,000 or 50,000 or 500,000 words I applaud you for having done it. But hey, if by chance you wrote 500,000 I expect there must be one damn fine book out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright, now I really feel like something new and unfinished needs to be posted here. Thanks for stopping!

    ReplyDelete