Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

That Would Be Telling

I'm sure if I found some misspelled, grammatically incorrect, thoroughly embarrassing school project 20 or so years after the fact and transcribed it in all it's agonizing glory for you to read, it could be construed as a self-flagellation of sorts.  I'll do it anyway.  As you can see, I have little pride.


My Inheritance

by Little Me

I inherited my big mouth, thick hair, and nearsightedness from my mother.  My father also gave me nearsightedness so I guess I'm pretty well stuck with it.  I got my temper, my hight, and my sister said skinniness from my dad.  When I have my child I would like him or her to be skinny, tall, and have thick hair.

I really don't have any medical traits I have inherited.  I think the only thing is needing glasses.

I really am a "mutt" as my dad called us because we come from all over.  My mom was mostly from Germany and my dad was from Englad, Irland, and Holland.

My mom doesn't work but my dad works at G.M.A.C.

I really don't know what my family structure is it's very different.  I live with my mom so it's only my mom and me at home.  I go visit my dad everyother weakend from Saturday-Sunday.  My dad is remarried and I have two step-sisters, Dawn and Dianna.

I don't know how I would change my family structure but I know I would.  I think I would like my mom to get remarried and have maybe a stepsister or brother at home so it wouldn't be like I was an only child.  I also wouldn't go to my dad's Every other weakend because I have other things I would like to do but my father has a way to make me feel guilty.

The family structure of my ansesters on both sides of my family were nuclear.  When my family makes decisions by usually asking me how I feel but some important decisions are made without me.

In the future I would like to have a nuclear family structure.  I think it would be to hard to be a single parent and I would like my children and there father to be together.

In my mom's family their was three girls and my grandma & grandpa.  In my fathers family their were 7 children and mom & dad.

In my future family I want to have 2 children.  One boy and one girl.

We don't really have any rituals or traditions but we usually have most of my brothers & sisters come to our house for Christmas.  We have been doing this for about 6 years.  After my parents got devorced.   

5 comments:

  1. What a revealing bit of writing. I too am working on a memoir and when I look back on all of the things I wrote as a child, man it's sobering and embarrassing. Thanks for your kind comments about the DrinkingDiaries.com essay!

    Deirdre Sinnott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deidre,

    Thanks for visiting. I like how you use the word sobering before mentioning the Drinking Diaries. This is the only piece of writing I have from my kidhood, and I was surprised to read it after so long. It's rather creepy in some respects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think visiting my old self is hard. First there is who I think I was, then there are fragments of evidence that don't always agree with the memories. Strangely enough Facebook has been a bit of a reality check with old high school and college friends popping up out of the ether.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed Facebook for that reason, but sometimes consider dropping it for the same reason. It's amazing what people remember that I don't and vice versa. That goes to show what is important to one person isn't neccessarily going to stick with the other.

    ReplyDelete